Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chicken Tikka Masala


Image from Serious Eats

I made Chicken Tikka Masala tonight from a recipe at Serious Eats. I went with the cream variation because I had both heavy cream and yogurt in the fridge and yogurt is not really an option when there is cream available:)

It was quick and easy and the kids loved it.

The fun part was when I went to the cabinet to see how much madras curry powder (canned, I am bad) we had left. The answer was zero.

A quick google found this recipe. The amazing thing was that I had all the ingredients in the kitchen. Everything got toasted up in a 12 inch cast iron skillet and then run through the blender. The process was, shall we say, aromatic. The boy was not impressed. I cut the recipe in half and it still made a huge amount of curry powder.

I will make this again.

No comments: